If only we were all as tidy as Jay. There are lots of reasons to be admiring of Jay, with his well-fitted homemade jeans, punk-rock drop stitch sweaters, cute Aussie accent (you have to hear it in your mind as you read his blog) and Burda patterns, but what I admire most about Jay is his craft room - yes, an entire room dedicated purely to crafts - and especially his tidy craft table.
The man is sick. SICK! How can he have so many projects going at once and still have such a neat table???!? I can only assume he is an alien from the planet Neatnix (that's around the corner from Cacafonix). You people with your organization and color-coordination skills make me salivate with jealousy. How do you do it?
But I accept your challenge, Jay, and as requested, here's a picture of my "craft table," a.k.a. desk, a.k.a. cat feeding station. I'm not ashamed!
"Craft table" contents include:
- one 15-lb domestic long-haired cat
- one dish of cat food
- one fancy zillion-watt craft lamp
- one retro lamp from Bugheart's old lab
- Bugheart book cover (heart!)
- mail and bills, including letters from Granny Pea and my Secret Pal
- my journal of knitting designs, cartoons, random thoughts and other people's brilliant ideas
- two back issues of Meatcake
- some ribbon
- lots of pens, markers & scissors
- a hat I knitted for myself in the car on the way home from Xmas visits in cold, cold New Jersey
- an ashtray with a horse on it, containing a broken Carlise & Linny bracelet which I will repair one day.
- the Winter 2006 issue of Endeavors
- a lucky-cat button. The first person to comment & ask for this button can have it - it is about 1/2" tall and its erstwhile twin made a great closure for a felted cell phone cozy.