- Photos of the new car I got HWWLLB for his birthday: an H2.
- Couldn't decide whether to spend my tax return money on ChemLawn or botox.
- I've quit knitting (too stressful) and taken up golf. Backslid and knitted myself some club covers.
- Checked into rehab and met Nicole Richie. She's awesome. We gave each other manicures.
- Twisted an ankle while hiking with HWWLLB, then ran off with cute park ranger who rescued me. HWWLLB is bereft, but the park ranger is a hottie so I don't care.
Instead, I went on a little tour of the backyard with my camera. Moving into a house that was someone else's for fifty years is kind of a treat. We moved in December, so I have been looking forward to spring, to find out what was tucked into these old flowerbeds. Here's what is popping out right now:
This is a long flowerbed that spans the width of the backyard, along the back fence. It's currently full of sorrel and snowdrops.
We'd been wondering what color the azaleas would be - there are a lot of them. Apparently all hot pink!
This vigorous jessamine has actually been blooming on and off since January.
There are Johnny Jump-ups all through the lawn. These are along the driveway.
Dandelions, natch. I love a happy dandelion.
The dogwood tree is new. This was my sister's birthday gift to HWWLLB. Isn't she thoughtful? They are beautiful in the spring, but I love dogwoods best in the fall when they are blazing auburn - I can hardly wait!